A complete list of library policies is available in hard copy at the library.
Monday - Friday 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
The library is closed on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Other closings are posted at the library 2 weeks in advance, on Facebook, and the library's website.
- Apply at the Library—no charge.
- Minors—parent or guardian signature required.
- Lost cards—$1 to replace.
- 7 days: Videos, DVDs, Blu-ray, VCR
- 2 weeks: Books, magazines, music CDs, kits, software, Nook e-reader
- 4 days: Outdoor games: Kubb, Ker Plunk, Cornhole
- In-library use only: headphones; laptop computer
- Same rules apply to interlibrary loan items
- Renewals and holds in person, by e-mail, phone, or through the online catalog
- No limit on print materials
- 5 DVDs per household
- $0.20 per day - all book formats and print materials; VHS tapes and CDs
- $1.00 per day - DVDs
- Maximum fine - $5.00 per item
- Fines for equipment varies by item
Lost or Nonreturned Materials
- Cost determined as listed in circulation software, or Amazon.com, or if not listed, according to market value of a similar item
Donations of money may be made to the library, and may be accompanied by suggested uses for the donation. Donation of library materials, excluding VHS tapes, audiobooks or recordings on cassette, may also be made to the library, however, the Library Director may request the donor to provide a list indicating title, author, publication date, and condition of books, and/or title, date and condition of DVDs prior to accepting the donation. Library staff will catalog donated items appropriate for the library’s collection and will discard any that are not cataloged by taking them to a donation center, recycling center, or library book sale. –Revised July 2014
Public Access Computers
Six public access computers are available for use by anyone. A valid library card is necessary, with fines of $1 or less.
- B&W - $0.20/page
- Color - $0.50/page
- Fax - $1.00 first page; $0.50 each additional page
A meeting room is available at no charge to individuals or groups that are nonprofit. Political groups or private parties may not use the meeting room. Exceptions may be made by the Library Board if the Board deems extenuating circumstances are involved. Room reservations must be made at the Circulation Desk no more than 90 days and no less than 24 hours in advance of the event. A group representative (responsible individual) must be a library cardholder in good standing at the Albertson Memorial Library ($1 or less in fines). The Library Board and staff do not assume any liability for groups or individuals attending a meeting in the Library.