The Albertson Memorial Library has a new opening for an Outreach Librarian. This position will encompass library aide work with added responsibilities in promoting the library through print, digital and in person. A complete job description can be found here. Applications and copies of the job description can be obtained at the Library; 200 North Water Street, Albany.
The Library is now open!
Monday 2-6 Full Circulation and Limited Computer Service
Tuesday 1-3 Curbside pickup
Wednesday 2-6 Full Circulation and Limited Computer Service
Thursday 1-3 Curbside pickup
Friday 2-6 Full Circulation and Limited Computer Service
Saturday Closed Please continue to place returns in the bookdrop to be quarantined.
The Albertson Memorial Library in Albany, WI is moving forward with the installation of a solar panel array to supply a substantial amount of the library’s electrical power.
To start, the library is replacing the roof on the center section of the library. That project will begin in April, 2021 or as soon as weather permits. Shortly after the roof is completed, Full Spectrum Solar of Madison, WI will begin installing 72solar panels.
Installing the solar panels will take 2-3 weeks. The project is expected to be operational in June, 2021.
When fully operational, this solar array will supply the library with approximately 60% of its electrical use. Electricity is a major operational expense for the library. Installing solar panels will reduce the library’s operating expenses by over 10% and allow those funds to be used for other purposes
This project supported by a gift from Mary Ann Sucharski, a former librarian in Albany; a grant from RENEW Wisconsin and its Solar for Good project; and Focus on Energy, Wisconsin’s energy efficiency and renewable energy services program.
Watch for future updates on the details and progression of this project.
Transparent Language is a great learning tool, whether you need to immerse yourself in a language, learn to speak to a co-worker or employee, or learn a few phrases for vacation, this site will help. There are lessons on listening and understanding, speaking, (with native speakers pronouncing the words for you) to reading and writing. You can pick and choose your lessons, as well as go back and review later.
KidSpeak is a fun interactive cartoon game platform, to help children learn. Check them out!
· Everyone entering the library must wear a face mask.
· Curbside pickup is available for those who cannot wear a facemask.
· If you do not own a face mask one will be provided, ask the librarian.
· Keep 6 feet from people not in your household.
· Speak to the librarian from behind the acrylic barrier.
· When using computers, sign in and out with librarian. Do not remove protective coverings on the keyboard or mouse.
· If you touch and item and decide that you don’t want to check it out, DO NOT return it to the shelf. Place it in a bin to be quarantined.
· Please limit your visit to an hour or less.
· Library hours will be limited to allow staff extra time for disinfecting.
· Thank you for your patience during this time.
The Albertson Memorial Library is offering curbside pickup service for your safety and convenience.
Hours for curbside pickup:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 2 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. High risk patrons only.
To support social distancing efforts, we are operating with very limited staff. Staff will fill your holds placed online as quickly as possible; however, wait times may be longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
- Click on the icon to download the Libby App from your App Store, or use it in your browser.
- Enter South Central Library System Non-link Library, as your Library, or let Libby “find” you.
- Enter Albany’s zip code, 53502+your library card #. (this is necessary because the system is set up for longer #’s than we use.)
- You are set! You may now browse the Wisconsin Digital Library.
- When you find a book you like, you may borrow it or place it on hold. Then you will be able to see your Shelf, which will hold your borrowed books and your on hold books. You can also see approximately how long it will be before your “holds” will be available.