Follow three easy steps to pick up materials.
Step one: Place your items on hold.
Already have an item on hold and you’ve been notified it’s ready? Skip to step two.
- Use our website to search for items currently available at the Albertson Memorial Library and place a hold on the items you want.
- Delivery has not resumed. No materials can be ordered from other libraries.
- When placing your hold, remember to select a location with curbside pickup.
- You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is ready. Staff will fill your holds placed online as quickly as possible; however, wait times may be longer than usual.
Step two: Call the library and tell us you’re ready to pick up.
- After you receive notification, call the library when you are ready to pick up your holds.
- Be sure to have your library card barcode number available.
- Staff will pull your items, check them out, put them in a plastic bag, and place the bag on a table outside of the building.
Step three: Pick up your items.
- Bagged holds will be on a table outside of the building for contactless pickup.
- Outdoor signage at the library will guide you to the pickup table.
- Your bag will be labeled with your library card number.
- Grab your bag and enjoy!
Remember, the Albertson Memorial Library building remains closed to the public. Lobbies, restrooms, computers, and other spaces will not be accessible. The library book return is closed, and no items can be returned at this time. Due dates will be automatically extended to at least three weeks after reopening.
Please do not attempt to use curbside pickup carts to return materials. This is essential to maintain safe handling of all materials.
Browse the FAQs below for more detailed information. If you need further assistance, library staff are here to help.
How will I know if my items are ready?
You will receive an email of phone notification, based on the preference selected in your account.
To support social distancing efforts, the library is operating with very limited staff. Staff will fill your holds as quickly as possible: however, wait times will be longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
How do I return materials?
Book returns remain closed and no items are due at this time. Due dates will be extended as needed. Please do not attempt to return items using the exterior cart at the curbside pickup location.
What materials are available for curbside pickup?
All physical material currently on the shelf that are normally available for check out are available for curbside pickup, including books, magazines, DVDs, audio books and CDs.
Can you look for items for me, or give suggestions?
Yes! Just ask.
What if I have fines, or am over the checkout limit?
Library staff can override some fine restrictions and all checkout limits during the pandemic response. If you would like to pay your fines, our online payment system is still available.
Can I place a hold on the phone?
Yes. Call 862-3491 for assistance.
What are you doing to provide for the safety of patrons and library staff?
The contactless curbside pickup provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and staff. Staff will use gloves and cloth face coverings in accordance with CDC guidelines.
All physical materials have been quarantined for the last three weeks, and no materials can be returned at this time.
Patrons and staff should not approach one another and respect the need for social distancing. If you notice another patron at the pickup cart, please remain in your vehicle until the previous patron has departed.
Why are you using plastic bags for pickup items?
Plastic bags are used to protect patron privacy and to protect the materials.